THE ADVANTAGE OF WORKING WITH
ART CELLAR EXCHANGE
VERSUS A GALLERY....
- We want your repeat business. Our success is built on establishing
long term relationships with buyers and sellers, and we always
strive to work for the benefit of both parties.
- Since we work on commission, it is in our best interest to
make sure all of our artwork sells at a fair price.
- We will never buy low and sell high. Many galleries will
buy artwork at the lowest price possible and the resell for much
more. Since we facilitate a direct sale between buyer and seller,
we eliminate this situation.
- We have less overhead expenses. Galleries rely on having
foot traffic in order sell works of art and therefore must locate
their gallery in a "high rent district". In order to
make a profit, they must mark their artwork up to cover thier
high cost of rent. Since we do not have an expensive gallery
space, we can offer our artwork at the current fair market value.
VERSUS AN AUCTION HOUSE....
- We have no hidden fees. Auction houses charge insurance and
cataloguing fees, even if your artwork doesn't sell. When the
artwork does sell, they take a fee from both the buyer (buyers
premium) and seller (seller's premium).
- If the piece doesn't sell you are out nothing but time. We
require a 60 day exclusivity agreement, but if the piece isn't
sold during that time you are free to sell it elsewhere. We charge
nothing to market artwork and only get paid when your artwork
- You, the owner, are able to maintain control over the sale
price and always have final approval.
VERSUS BOTH GALLERY AND AUCTION HOUSE....
- Launched in 1994, The Art Cellar Exchage was
the first fine art business on the internet. No one has more
experience in marketing art on the web.
- Your artwork stays in your possession until
the time of sale.
The buyer is always given a 5 day period from the time that the
artwork is received until they have to make the final decision
- We handle a select amount of clients every year
and each sale is tailored to your specific needs.